Wednesday 25 October 2017

Women's WC : 2017 Predictions

I have to be up front and say that I am not that familiar about women's rugby league, but I'm happy to see it grow and prosper. Publicity and appreciating their contribution to RL is merited and I will do my small bit in that regard.

The matches kick off on the 19th of November in Sydney and the grand final is on the 2nd of December, played before the men's final. That's at Suncorp Staduim, capacity 52,500. Now that's giving the women's game some respect. I hope a lot of fans turn up earlier to watch that game, as I'm sure they will.

There are two pools with three teams in each. I see Pool A as straight forward and as how I picked them below. Pool B is harder as Canada is an unknown quantity to me. I've gone for PNG but not with any confidence with the decision.

Once into the knock out semi finals and I can only see two teams progressing. Then the Australians who have been improving more than the Kiwis in recent years will be too good.




Pool A





Australia 6
Semi Finals



England 4




Cook Is 0
Australia W






PNG



Pool B




New Zealand 6
New Zealand W



PNG 2
England



Canada 0













Grand Final







Australia W



New Zealand

For the Round One Summary, just click here.
To see my tournament preview, just click here.

No comments: